She's getting too big!

Family Reunion!

Monday, July 21, 2008

There are no words!

I took one of my very good friends to the airport (actually to their hotel) on Saturday and managed to get through it without any tears. I wasn't able to do that tonight. Another one of my best friends, Julie, is leaving tomorrow for the airport and Wednesday for the States. Anyway, she told me that a bunch of people were meeting at the bowling alley as kind of a way to just say good-bye to them and just hang out. She said the bowling alley would be better than going to a restaurant or their TLF because there was more room and the kids could bowl and it would just be one last thing. Well, that's what she told me, but in reality she had planned an early surprise birthday party. In the midst of moving, she goes and does this. I could not believe it. She knew that a birthday party is the one thing I've always wanted. I'm still stunned.

I am going to miss her so much! They also have an adopted daughter from China and we met them while we were still paper chasing for Sarah (at that time, they had only been home with Mia for 8 months). So, they basically went throught the whole adoption process with us. I am so thankful that God allowed us (and them) to be here together until we brought Sarah home.

At our previous two bases, I have managed to become close to one really special friend. Jules from England and Lynne from New Mexico (oh, and Diane too). I have felt really blessed by that. Well, from here I have been blessed beyond belief. God is so good! As sad as I am to see my friends move, these and a few others that have already left, I am going to try and enjoy the next 16 months (and 1 week) because I don't want to miss out on the blessings still to come. I know there will be days when I'm ready to pack up and move now, but I just have to hang in there because I know that "this too shall pass" and when it does I'm going to miss it.

2 comments:

crazy college mom....... said...

Oh the joys of the military, huh? I've been lucky to have met some wonderful friends like you thanks to the military. And there really are no words to describe how blessed we all are for the ones that have had the biggest impact on our lives.

I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

You are truly blessed and I'm blessed just being your oldest sister. When I read this blog, the words from Michael W Smith
"Friends" immediately came to mind. What a song! See you soon. Hugs and kisses.