She's getting too big!

Family Reunion!

Saturday, March 14, 2009

A little break and some news!



Basketball is over and we have a short break until baseball starts. Caleb's practices start on the 30th and the other two start in April. Their first game is April 25th.
Allen's retirement has been approved. We have tentative dates to leave. It looks like we will be headed back home around the 14th of October. We had been told that Allen could sign his paperwork in D.C., which would be more money in the bank for us. But it seems that is not the case. He will have to do everything from here. It all works out though. We will be able to fly from here straight home.
The other thing that works out very nicely is the boys' school. The quarter at Caleb's new school will end the same week that we get home. That couldn't have been planned any better ~ Thanks, God! So now we are doing paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork. All those last minute trips need to be taken. It has been a good tour, probably our hardest as far as moral at the base though. But we've been able to do so much since we've been here and have met some wonderful friends. We were hoping to be able to take a cruise to Greece before we left, but I just don't see that happening. We would rather go home almost debt free than having that added to our debt.

3 comments:

Ferguson Family said...

How exciting to know you'll be leaving and headed for family soon. I am glad you know and can start planning accordingly!

The Zinn family said...

Wow 6 months!!!!! I dream of the day :O) I am so excited for you all. That time is going to fly!! I remeber we found out 8 months in advance we were leaving Germany, and now we have been here in Alaska a year!!! Enjoy Germany and eat some of that amazing food for me.

Harris Fam said...

Crazy that you're going to completely finished with the AF life. I'm looking forward to it, but I also think I'll miss it. Now you have to cram in all the things you've grown to love about this place into a few months.