It doesn't even seem possible that one year ago today we boarded a plane in Indy on our way to China. So much has changed in just one short year. We met with our social worker today for the last time. We have to do two post placement reports for the adoption and this was the second. It was really nice to see him again. He was really impressed with how well Sarah is doing. So, as of today, the adoption is offically complete. No more paperwork. Well, I guess I shouldn't say it's complete. Once we get back to the States we will do a readoption through the state of Indiana so that she'll have an Indiana certificate of birth. But that will be easy to do. So for now, everything is done. He asked us if we were really done or if we'd be doing this again. Unless God directs us, I think we're done.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
All finished!
It doesn't even seem possible that one year ago today we boarded a plane in Indy on our way to China. So much has changed in just one short year. We met with our social worker today for the last time. We have to do two post placement reports for the adoption and this was the second. It was really nice to see him again. He was really impressed with how well Sarah is doing. So, as of today, the adoption is offically complete. No more paperwork. Well, I guess I shouldn't say it's complete. Once we get back to the States we will do a readoption through the state of Indiana so that she'll have an Indiana certificate of birth. But that will be easy to do. So for now, everything is done. He asked us if we were really done or if we'd be doing this again. Unless God directs us, I think we're done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
PRAISE GOD! I am so happy for your family! I am blessed to have known you during this time in your life and so glad our family got to share in your joy!
Wow, I didn't even know you had to still do this stuff. That is awesome! I bet he was impressed, she is doing amazing from what I read. I am very happy for you all.
Post a Comment