Friday, January 4, 2008
Two Years and Waiting
Today is the two year mark that we have been logged in with the CCAA. Who would have thought we would still be waiting to bring our little Sarah home? Only God. It's kind of ironic that yesterday my devotion tied into how I was feeling. It is from the Daily Guideposts 2008. The verse was from Mark 9:23 "Everything is possible for him who believes." The devotion was about being open to the possibilities. At the end was a prayer by Carol Kuykendall. It said, "Lord, I don't know what this new year will bring, but You do. Awaken me to Your possibilities, one day at a time." How long will we have to wait until we get to bring Sarah home? I don't know, but God does. One day at a time, we will get through this wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
This is crazy. Yesterday, I had something amazing happen to me also. It didn't have to do with Sarah but with myself. I have my essay done for entrance into Pacific Lutheran University and am well on my way to applying to the college. In a couple of weeks, it will be to the nursing program there. I have lost all my nervousness with getting into a nursing program. I have come to realize that I have tried as best as I can and now it will be out of my control. Although, I am nervous that I may get a denial letter...there really is nothing I can do to change it. The only thing I can do is continue on towards getting a bachelor's degree. In what? I would like it to be in nursing but maybe I will have to change to psychology and that is okay with me.
Reason I wrote this long thing is because I want you to know that I love all of you and only wish you the very best. Although we are experiencing different waiting games, we are feeling exactly the same. So close you can taste it in your mouth and feel it in your heart....but yet it seems so far away. The only one that has control of it is, of course, God. Through him all things are possible.
Post a Comment