Are we really leaving Monday? It doesn't seem like it can be so close after we've waited for so long. The boys are getting more and more excited about going to their friends' houses. It still just doesn't seem real.
Here's a sign that we've been overseas too long. The other day the sun finally came out and it got up to around 62 degrees. I had gone into the store and when I came out, Joshua had his sweatpants pulled up as far as they would go. He said to me, "Mom, I'm dying. It's soooo hot!" Oh my goodness! What are they ever going to do when we move back to the States and have something called humidity? I know my friends in Hawaii and Arizona are probably saying that when it gets DOWN to 62 degrees they put on the jeans and jackets. Not here, that's shorts weather for us!
My tulips are up and starting to bloom. Maybe I will get to see them before we leave Monday. The cherry tree in the backyard has leaves. Thankfully, cherry season is the beginning of July, so we will be here for them.
Oh, I got great news yesterday. A very dear friend is coming to visit this summer. I can't wait to see her. We met the week we moved here and she PCS'd in February of '07. Then my sister is coming in October. We are all excited to see her and my brother-in-law. Anyone else coming to visit? We only have 19 months left!!
I think everything is packed. Well, except last minute stuff like Allen's razor, make-up, and hairbrush. Everything else is ready to go. We managed to get everything into two check-on suitcases and two backpacks. Not too bad if you ask me.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Our kids are soo funny. My kids think the same thing when it gets to 70 here, but last week it was snowing again. UGH! It should be warming up soon. Warming up here is like 70 degrees. Anything past 80 is horrible, especially without AC.
And I would hope that you could fit everything into two suitcases. It's only going to be the two of you and a little precious baby girl traveling. I don't want to be around when you try to PCS with FOUR children and a airport full of baggage...good thing you have a few boys to help out...hehe
Post a Comment