She's getting too big!

Family Reunion!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wonderful Baby Shower

Some wonderful friends here had the best baby shower ever for me. To say I felt loved, would be an understatement. My friends Julie, Beth and Heidi, were the hostesses. They had it at our club and it was so awesome. Julie decorated the room with an Asian theme. There were little flowered pots on the tables with Chinese writing on them and chopsticks sticking out. She had some of her daughter's Chineses outfits hanging up. The club served Asian finger foods. A friend of mine from church made the cake. They had each person sign a message to Sarah that will go in her scrapbook. (If you are reading this and are in Germany, but didn't get to the shower, the pages are at the Chapel I believe. You can still stop by and write a message for Sarah.) It was all so perfect. What I will never forget is what Julie did for me. She wrote this amazing poem titled "On the wings of Dawn". Down the side were all the letters of Sarah's name. Each line of the poem started with one of the letters. It is such an amazing poem. Miss Sarah got so many nice gifts. As soon as I get the disk, I will post pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to hear the poem. That sounds so neat. I can hear the joy from your voice through this blog. Heck, I can even see a tear or two drop from your eyes while writing this. I'm soo excited for you guys. And to think that she still has no idea what is going to happen to her in the coming weeks for the GOOD! Showered with love.....that's all I can say. We love little Miss Sarah and we haven't even met her.

Oh and I won't find out if I was accepted into the nursing program until May 1st or 2nd. I know that you will already be on your way to China.....I'll send you an email though. Yikes!