We had our appointment today at the US Consulate. This was by far the easiest part of the adoption so far. They gave our guides copies of all our passports, told us to look at them, then hand them back. After everyone had done this, we all stood and raised our right hand. The man who worked there asked us if all the information we had provided was true and correct. We all said "I do" and we were done. Wow! That was easy.
We are waiting for our luggage to get picked up. Our bus leaves at 5:30 am. We have quite a long layover in Tokyo, so we are hoping to locate the USO. Maybe we can also get a nap. We should have access to the internet at the very least.
We ask you to continue to pray for those affected by the earthquake. We did have one family in our group that was there just last week. They told us at the consulate today that they have been in touch with all the orphanages in that province and all the orphans are ok. There are still so many others who can use prayer though.
It's hard to believe that we left Indy two weeks ago. As much as we have enjoyed experiencing Sarah's birth country, we are ready to step foot on US soil. Lynne, get the Dr. Pepper ready with lots of ice. Allen would like a Mt. Dew. For those of you who have been here, I can't wait to brush my teeth with sink water!!!
Please pray for our safe travel. We will talk to you soon! We can't wait for you all to meet Miss Sarah!
God bless!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Have a safe trip and enjoy Hawaii!!
Betty
Can you shout my name again while you are in Japan? Hehe
Oh yeah....and safe travelings with a toddler again. You remember that, huh?
Sarah,
Be good for mom and dad on the trip... only scream a little :)
Have a safe trip to Hawaii, wish I were there to greet you with Lynne,
Jules
Can't wait to see you! You are going to LOVE hawaii! We are praying for you all. As far as traveling with a toddler again, no thank you! Remember in Lubbock when Daniel didn't have his pacifer and he just screamed and screamed, I asked you to pull over so I could get out of the van and have you run over my head!? Yeah, LOVE babies, but SO glad mine are older! (mainly for traveling and sleeping purposes!) Can't wait to get my hands on Sarah and give her a BIG hug. Love you all and will have the DP and Mt. Dew waiting!
For those of you who are going to see my sister, brother-in-law and niece before I do in October. Please give them and kiss and hug. I can't wait for October to get here and I have my time with my nephews and new niece....yes, sis I'm looking forward to seeing you too. I love you all bunches and bunches.
Post a Comment