She's getting too big!

Family Reunion!

Monday, May 5, 2008

She's ours!

We had our interview today with the adoption officials. She wanted to know if we were happy with her, why we wanted to adopt her when we had children of our own, how would we educate and raise her, and promise to never harm, abuse or abandon her.

mom and dad with Ling Wu Yun Orahood, soon to be Sarah AlisonMei Orahood


We got to see the orphanage director again today. She was very happy to see Sarah and all of the girls. We asked our guide to translate a note we wrote to Sarah's foster mom. It thanked her for taking care of Sarah, told her how much we loved her already, that she has 3 brothers waiting for her at home, and that her new name is Sarah AlisonMei Orahood. The director was very happy that we did that.

In the eyes of the Chinese government, she's officially ours!

We had a very busy day. We met with the Chinese adoption officials today. The first stop was back to where we got Sarah yesterday. Then we went on to the notary official, and finally to the passport application. SHE IS OURS!!! Next stop - Wal-Mart and KFC. We just picked up some water, soda and oreo cookies along with a few other things. Then we were back at the hotel. Everyone was exhusted! We all passed out. Sarah normally sleeps for an hour and has been asleep for 2 1/2 hours and is showing no signs that she is done with her nap yet. So for now all our adoption paperwork in Nanchang is finished. SHE IS OURS! Our guide will pick up the passports on Friday and we will be off to the airport. At the next stop, we will finish up the American side of the adoption. Did I mention that She's ours!?!?

Boys, I'm so glad the weather has been nice. Your sister is going to love having 3 brothers to hold her. She LOVES being held. And she loves to play. I can't wait for you to meet her. Hope you have a great day at school. We miss you and love you so very much!! Love, Mom and Dad

Blessings to you all!

Allen and Dawn



4 comments:

Waiting for Willie said...

Hi! We finally figured out how to get around the firewall. Congrats on the adoption! We have Will. He is the "serious baby". We are having a difficult time getting him to eat.
Ayn Spieser

Amanda said...

I'm so excited for you! I've been checking your blog everyday this week to see your updates and new pictures.

Anonymous said...

Well I just read through your entire journey and I have tears in my eyes. She is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for keeping this site updated so we can rejoice as you are rejoicing! Love & Prayers- The Barnes 3

crazy college mom....... said...

YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!! I'm sure it still doesn't feel real yet, huh? Ashlyn is taking a picture of you and her to school today for show-n-tell. I only wish I could pick her up and squeeze her....just not too hard.