She's getting too big!

Family Reunion!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

recipes and illnesses

No, recipes and illnesses don't relate. I just thought I would put them in one post.

So I decided today that recipes are not over-rated and it's really best when they are followed. I decided Monday to make butter cookies. It's a recipe from my dear childhood friend, LeighAnne. Anyway, I thought I'd read the recipe and thought what I'd read was 1 cup of butter and 1 stick of oleo. Well, I'm on the last batch and can't for the life of figure out why my cookies are so flat. I didn't remember LeighAnne's being this flat. So I decided to relook a the recipe. Well to my dismay, it did not say 1 cup of butter but 1 STICK of butter. Well that would explain things.


So today I'm starting to get things done for tomorrow. One of the things that I'm making is the chocolate pie that my mother-in-law makes. Well it calls for 1 large tub of cool whip. So I call my friend, Jamie, and ask her if she can bring some cool whip because I don't think I will have enough. Again to my dismay, after I reread the recipe, only 1 cup of this large tub actually goes into the pie. The rest is for the top of the pie. Guess I'll have to check my recipes twice like Santa checks his list.


Now onto illnesses. Sunday I was sick. We ended up missing church and I can't remember the last time we missed church. I actually stayed in bed as long as possible because I did not want to come down and see what the living room looked like. The the next day Joshua threw up in the middle of the night, but only once. Well, poor Daniel wasn't so lucky. He woke up at 3 am today and has been throwing up ever since and it's now 1 pm. I can't even keep a little sip of gatorade in him. Of course I tried calling the nurse help line and it's busy. Hopefully this is a 24 thing and he feels better soon. Poor guy. I can't remember the last time he was sick like this. His is usually his ears or throat, but not this kind of sick!

1 comment:

crazy college mom....... said...

You are just on a blogging streak, huh?